Broome Drivers Could Win Prize for Renewing License Locally
Renewing your driver license could actually win you a prize.
Broome County Clerk Joseph Mihalko and the Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce are trying to bump up use of the Department of Motor Vehicle Drop Boxes for license and vehicle registration renewals.
All those renewals that are dropped off at the six DMV drop boxes around Broome County or that are mailed into to the Binghamton DMV at 81 Chenango Street, Binghamton, New York 13901 in August will be eligible to be entered into a drawing for a gift card to a Broome County business.
The Clerk’s office says right now, only about 40 percent of motor vehicle transactions are done at the local DMV offices. Mihalko says that means the county is losing close to a half-million dollars in potential revenues when the transactions skip the local office and are handled directly by New York State.
The winner of the gift card will be announced in early September.
The drop boxes are located at:
• the Broome County Office Building at 60 Hawley Street in Binghamton
• the Broome West Senior Center at 2801 Wayne Street in Endwell
• the Eastern Broome Senior Center at 27 Golden Lane in Harpursville
• the First Ward Senior Center at 226 Clinton Street in Binghamton
• the Johnson City Senior Center at 30 Brocton Street in Johnson City
• the Northern Broome Senior Center at 12 Strongs Place in Whitney Point
You can follow the Broome County Clerk’s office on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/BroomeCountyClerk .