BU Nursing School Project Gives EJ Pioneer Factory a Facelift
Some design aspects of an old Endicott Johnson factory are being restored as work continues on the new home of Binghamton University's nursing school.
The $30 million project to bring the old Pioneer Annex at Corliss Avenue and Willow Street back to life is expected to be completed next summer.
The 93,000-square-foot building and a 20,000-square-foot addition will provide classroom, laboratory and research space for the Decker School of Nursing.
The original EJ building was constructed in 1916. The structure was expanded in 1948.
People who pass the construction site during the day or at night are noticing a dramatic transformation as the project moves forward.
The nursing school will become part of the university's 11-acre Health Sciences Center in Johnson City.
The School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences began using its newly-constructed building on Corliss Avenue just over a year ago.
A $15 million research and development facility is to be constructed between the pharmacy and nursing school buildings.
Contact WNBF News reporter Bob Joseph: email@example.com
For breaking news and updates on developing stories, follow @BinghamtonNow on Twitter.