Fantasy Football Nuggets To Help You Dominate Week 5
When it comes to fantasy football there are a lot of "experts" out there saying a lot of different things and it's difficult to sift through all the information to determine what's real and what's fake.
So, I've decided to aid your fantasy football exploits and just give you some cold hard numbers that we've seen through four weeks of the NFL and let you make the determination.
So, here are your fantasy nuggets heading into week five (I'll update them throughout the week when more information is available.)
- Kansas City Chiefs running back Damien Williams returned to practice.
- Indianapolis Colts wide receiver T.Y. Hilton returned to practice.
- Los Angeles Chargers running back Melvin Gordon will be part of the gameplan this weekend head coach Anthony Lynn says.
- New York Jets QB Sam Darnold took most of the reps with the first team at practice said head coach Adam Gase.
- New York Giants head coach Pat Shurmer says that it's possible the running back Saquon Barkley could return this weekend to game action.
- Through four weeks Denver WR Courtland Sutton is on pace for 128 targets, 88 receptions, 1,236 receiving yards, and eight touchdowns. He hasn't seen less than seven targets in a game, has double-digit fantasy points in every game except against the elite defense of Chicago, and he's 13th in air yards in the NFL
- Carolina Panthers running back Christian McCaffrey has played all but four snaps at running back this season. He's on pace for 344 carries, 100 catches, and over 2,500 total scrimmage yards.
- Here are the wide receivers who have seen at least 20% of their team's target share: DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Thomas, Allen Robinson, Kenny Golladay, Odell Beckham, Cooper Kupp.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers WR Mike Evans has been back to his dominant self after an illness knocked him down and out for the first two weeks. Over the last two weeks, he's drawn 89 more air yards than any player in the NFL and is on pace for 140 targets, which would be the most action he's seen since 2016.
- Top five quarterbacks with the best completion percentage thus far...Russell Wilson (72.9%), Dak Prescott (72.4%), Derek Carr (72.1%), Matt Ryan (70.5%), Gardner Minshew (69.4%)
- Here are the top eight WR's with the most yards after contact. 1. Cooper Kupp (109) 2. Chris Godwin (102) 3. JuJu Smith-Schuster (95) 4. Terry McLaurin (95) 5. Jarvis Landry (91) 6. Kennan Allen (81) 7. John Brown (65) 8. Michael Thomas (60)
- Seattle Seahawks tight end Will Dissly has increased his targets and receptions in every game this season, he sports the 2nd highest catch rate among TE's with 20 or more targets, and leads all TE's with four touchdowns.
- New York Jets quarterback Sam Darnold is practicing Wednesday as he recovers from mono.
- New York Giants star running back Saquon Barkley was seen stretching and working with training staff on the field at practice on Wednesday. Hoping to return sooner rather than later from his high ankle sprain.
- Kansas City Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill and RB Damien Williams both practiced on Wednesday, trying to return this week against the Indianapolis Colts.
- The Cincinnati Bengals have placed WR John Ross on injured reserve with a shoulder injury.
- The New England Patriots have placed kicker Stephen Gostkowski on injured reserve with an undisclosed ailment.