Pellet Stove Eyed As Possible Fire Cause in Nanticoke
Efforts to keep warm while the power was out may be a contributing factor to a fire that heavily damaged a home in Nanticoke December 2.
Fire crews were called to Rabbit Path road near the Firefox Resort golf course before 8 p.m. for a report of a house fire. The five people in the building reportedly got out.
Investigators were looking at a pellet stove that may have been used to heat the structure as a possible source. While the investigation is continuing, officials indicate the pellet stove may have over-heated.
Fire crews were on the scene for several hours.
There were no reports of injuries but there was extensive damage to the building.